A self-deprecating “marketing gladiator”, Jeff Antaya has fun with fashion, putting him at the top of our best-dressed list.
By Rachel Schostak
If you look up Jeff Antaya on LinkedIn, you’ll see that he’s a “business development and marketing gladiator.” As a partner and chief marketing officer at Plante Moran, Jeff spends his time optimizing digital marketing efforts to accelerate growth. This includes a hyper-focus on the firm’s website, CRM, and marketing automation tools to help attract new business and proactively nurture and convert website visitors to qualified leads. In the evolving world of marketing, Jeff’s passion, natural curiosity, and competitive spirit — along with a very talented team — ensure the delivery of higher-than-expected new business to the firm, and his critical thinking skills help his partners and staff translate new client growth goals into reality.
Jeff also is an avid art collector and very active in our community. Jeff sits on the board of ACCESS (Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services), The Friends of Modern and Contemporary Art at the DIA, Center Gallery Advisory Board and is a founding member of Cabaret313.
1. What do you love about your community? I love how our community has embraced the revitalization of Detroit. People are so supportive and involved, and it’s created a lot of energy that’s propelling Detroit and our entire region forward.
2. One word to describe your style? Forward. That means different things at different times. I’m very active, from my work at Plante Moran and the DIA to community events and art openings. Those groups are very different and require some dialing up or down as I curate my attire.
3. Is there something in your style that is always consistent? No. Like the art I collect, I like variety and have a wide variety of items that attract me.
4. What’s the one item that you can’t leave home without? A big smile — it goes with everything I wear. And the ability to be self-deprecating. Not everyone likes or appreciates my choices — they can be too much for some people — but a humble and humorous approach is always in style.
5. “Must have” item for fall? Jim Luckey pants. They are fun and very stylish with a blue blazer.
6. Best style advice? Look to people around you for inspiration. I get such great ideas from my friends and the people I meet.
8. Favorite Quote or words to live by? “A rising tide lifts all boats.” I’m not into power struggles and I believe we should help one another and not worry that if someone else advances it at my expense.
Photographer: Hayden Stinebaugh