Congrats to Chewy, a mix Cockapoo, for winning SEEN’s Dog of the Year contest! Learn about Chewy’s favorite toy, how he met his owners and the last thing he got in trouble for.
Breed: Mix Cockapoo
City: West Bloomfield
Age: 8 years
1. Where did you meet your owners? From the earliest I can remember, I lived in a home in Roseville with my mom and many siblings. I dreamed about finding a nice family to live with where I could be loved and where I would feel like part of the family. I was the smallest dog at the house, and I had a sister who this one family was looking at. One day the family came in, and I immediately fell in love. I wanted them to pick me. I was 8 weeks old at this time and had black and white fur and blue eyes. I loved to cuddle so I used that to my advantage. The family also immediately knew that they wanted to adopt me because of my love for cuddling and my baby blue sky eyes.
2. Where is your favorite place to play? My favorite place to play is with my best friend Sweet Pea at my family’s lake house. I enjoy running along the trail, and Sweet Pea and I love exploring the lake. I love it at the lake house because of the fresh air, I have the freedom to run around as much as I want and I get to help catch the fish; they are so slippery!
3. What is your favorite toy? My favorite is a green toy we all like to call “dragon-dragon.” He’s my favorite because he makes many different squeaky noises, likes to play catch and roll around with me. Sometimes dragon gets old and worn out, and then suddenly disappears. Before I know it, I find him again all brand new. I’m not sure how that happens, but I feel like I get a new one every month!
4. What is your go-to store in Metro Detroit? I love going on errands with my family. We go to Kroger, 7-Eleven, Menards and Lowes, but my favorite store out of all of them is Home Depot. That’s my favorite place because there are so many nice people and weird smells. I love running around and greeting all the new people I see. Sometimes I wander to a different aisle, and my family gets mad at me for it. Then I have to stay in the cart.
5. What is your favorite treat? I’m very picky when it comes to my treats. My favorite treat is Beggin’ Strips. They taste so good. I also enjoy Blue Buffalo Biscuits; mom says they are better for me. I get treats when they go in their car without me or when I do tricks. Although I’ve learned different tricks to earn treats such as “slap me five” or “roll over,” my favorite treats come when I am waiting in the kitchen while my family makes dinner and some food drops.
6. Where is the best place to get groomed? Once in a while my hair gets too long, and it covers my eyes so I can’t see. Then my family will take me to Pup Culture in Keego Harbor. I’ve been going there since I was a little puppy, and they’ve always been so nice. They give me fun colorful scarfs and yummy treats after I’m done.
7. Do you have a hidden talent or skill? My sisters play soccer, and I’ve always wanted to be just like them. They taught me how to play soccer with them. I like to dribble the ball with my nose and pass the ball to my sisters. It’s also fun when I go to their games, and my dad and I will dribble with the ball during half time on the field. People are always cheering me on!
8. What do you like about your owners? I love my family very much. They make me so happy, and I know they love me just as much. I sleep in a warm bed with my parents at night, I love to cuddle with them on the couch, they rub my belly, play with me and I enjoy our adventures.
9. What is the last thing you got in trouble for? I like to believe I am an easy going, well-behaved dog. The last time I got into trouble I rolled into something I thought smelled good, but my mom didn’t think so.
10. Who is your favorite dog account to follow on Instagram? My favorite dog account to follow is @dog_feelingsig. It’s very relatable to my life.
11. How do you feel about winning SEEN’s Dog of the Year contest? I am so honored to be recognized as SEEN’s Dog of the Year. Thank you SEEN magazine for showcasing the furry pet community in your monthly magazine and incorporating us in your mission of helping everyone live their best life. I love my life in this community and with my family!