Congrats to Norway, a Norwegian Forest cat, on winning SEEN’s Cat of the Year contest! Get to know this retired show cat from Birmingham.
Breed: Norwegian Forest
Age: 6 years
1. Where did you meet your owners? I am a Norwegian Forest cat who was born at a cattery in Cincinnati, Ohio. When I was still a kitten, Sharon and Rob Suess drove to Cincinnati and invited me to join their family. It was love at first sight!
2. Where is your favorite place to play? I get especially excited about playing when I am on the top ledge of my cat tree!
3. What is your favorite toy? My favorite toy is a stuffed animal named Mr. Chipmunk. I love catching Mr. Chipmunk when Sharon or Rob toss him to me. I’m actually quite an expert at “bunny kicking” with my back legs. I always win the ensuing wrestling matches with Mr. Chipmunk!
4. What is your go-to store in Metro Detroit? I don’t limit myself to just one store! I especially enjoy shopping in downtown Birmingham and exploring at the Somerset Collection in my pet stroller. I always meet lots of friendly people when I am out shopping!
5. What is your favorite treat? I come running for Meow Mix Irresistibles!
6. Where is the best place to get groomed? I am a retired show cat, so grooming is my middle name. I am a very good sport when Sharon and Rob give me my monthly baths at home. My bath routine, including the blow drying, takes a full hour. My fluffy fur gets groomed with a collection of three special combs.
7. Do you have a hidden talent or skill? I love to do tricks, so I have my own YouTube channel! My channel currently has four videos. They all have titles starting with the words, “This Norwegian Forest Cat Shows Off…” Also, last May, I made a commercial for an Atlanta-based cable and internet company called Cox Communications. My commercial is on my YouTube channel, too.
8. What do you like about your owners? I adore receiving special attention. Sharon and Rob both give me lots of warm hugs. I especially love when they massage my back paws!
9. What is the last thing you got in trouble for? I am usually a very good girl! One night, I accidentally knocked over Sharon’s favorite ceramic lamp. You should have heard the loud crash and seen how many tiny pieces landed on the living room floor! Fortunately, Sharon and Rob were only concerned about my safety. They replaced the lamp, but they told me they couldn’t replace me.
10. Who is your favorite cat account to follow on Instagram? Personally, I am much more interested in taking my daily naps than in following social media. Sometimes, I get a glimpse of Cole and Marmalade when Sharon views their latest adventures on Instagram.
11. How do you feel about winning SEEN’s Cat of the Year contest? I’m elated! I certainly enjoy all of the extra hugs I am getting from Sharon and Rob. I think this special honor is even better than catnip!