Katie Serbinski of Mom to Mom Nutrition blog serves up these delicious bowls for a fast and healthy meal everyone will love.
I’m always looking for quick meal ideas, that are both healthy AND tasty. This week, I’m loving these Greek chicken bowls via Katie Serbinski of Mom to Mom Nutrition.
It provides everything you need – protein, vegetables and carbs – in a flavorful way that my kids will love as much as I do.
RECIPE FROM MOM TO MOM NUTRITION
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked, divided [1/2 cup per bowl]
- 1 cup hummus, divided [1/4 cup per bowl]
- 4 cups spinach, divided [1 cup per bowl]
- Salad toppings such as chopped cucumber, tomato, feta cheese
- In a resealable plastic bag, add chicken, oil, lemon, and seasonings. Marinate in refrigerator for at least one hour and up to 8 hours.
- Heat grill or large skillet to medium-high heat. Cook chicken 6-8 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through. Slice into pieces for serving.
- To build bowls, layer rice, chicken, and hummus alongside spinach greens and toppings. Serve at room temperature or once chicken is cooked.