Chef Ederique Goudia shares her family’s recipe for Louisiana-style bread pudding with praline rum sauce, a must-eat Thanksgiving dessert
Louisiana Style Bread Pudding with Praline Rum Sauce
- 2 loaves of bread (preferably french bread but sandwich bread will also work)
- 25 oz + 18 oz of water
- 18 oz of evaporated milk
- 2 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (separated)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bread into small, one-inch pieces and soak in 25 ounces of water.
- In another bowl, mix 18 oz of evaporated milk, remaining 18 ounces of water, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and 4 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Whisk together then add soaked bread to liquid mixture.
- Stir until completely combined.
- Pour bread mixture into a greased baking dish and drizzle remaining 4 tablespoons of melted butter on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup dark rum
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add brown sugar and chopped pecans; cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until sugar dissolves.
- Reduce heat to low and add ½ cup dark rum and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour over bread pudding and serve warm.
Want more great family recipes? Read 5 Thanksgiving Family Recipes and Traditions from Around the World.
Our mouths are watering. Did you try this recipe? If so, comment below and tell us how it turned out. Send photos to us at email@example.com.