NOTE: Please only submit your event once. Any submitted event will not show up right away as it needs to be reviewed by a SEEN team member. Thank You!
- This event has passed.
Project Management for Success & Sanity
March 12 @ 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM EDT$15 – $35
The Association for Women in Communications Detroit Chapter will host an evening program called “Project Management for Success and Sanity” from 6:00 – 9:00 pm on Thursday, March 12, 2020 at Lawrence Technical University, Rooms 336 and 337 in the William Buell Building.
The professional development program will present tactical advice for all who need to practice project management whether they are supervisors, team leaders, freelancers or solopreneurs.
- Victor Allen, PMP and six sigma black belt, and Director of the Project Management Office at DTE Energy, managing a $1.8 billion major project portfolio.
- Claudia Duranceau, Ph.D. a technical consultant specializing in research project leadership for business strategy, plastics recycling, and technical evaluation, who teaches management and business courses at the college level.
- Erika Mackley, a seasoned art director, designer, and strategist at Finn Partners in Detroit, using analytical thinking and design to solve problems in a creative environment, managing projects from inception to completion.
The program will be moderated by Jody Gaber, Director of the Media Communication Program at Lawrence Technological University, managing curriculum design, equipment budget, staffing and training faculty, and student advising.
Project Management for Success and Sanity will provide the audience with these take-aways:
- Suggestions to manage your own time
- Practical tactics to manage others, particularly teams
- Efficient budget and resource management techniques
A light supper will be provided. Ticket pricing is $25 for AWC members; $35 for future members, and $15 for students and recent graduates at https://womcomdetroit.org/wic-events/
For further information, please contact Melinda Curtis Kollins at 248-722-5408 or firstname.lastname@example.org.