NOTE: Please only submit your event once. Any submitted event will not show up right away as it needs to be reviewed by a SEEN team member. Thank You!
- This event has passed.
OPA! FEST GREEK FESTIVAL
June 21 @ 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM EDT
An event every day that begins at 4:00 PM, repeating until June 22, 2019
An event every day that begins at 12:00 PM, repeating until June 23, 2019
As you attend our festival you will experience the sights, sounds and tastes of a proud people whose cultural history goes back over 4,500 years. Our members have worked very hard to prepare authentic foods, costumes, and dances so that you can become Greek for a short while. We invite you to participate in this celebration of Hellenic Culture, dance, food, and faith.
$2.00 Adults, (Children 12 and under are free) or 3 canned goods donated to Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan.
FREE PARKING & SHUTTLE BUS FROM BOULAN PARK ON CROOKS ROAD .
The Pastry Shop: Home-made, honey-drenched baklava is just one of many delectable temptations available. Try the other five varieties too, all made by our own festival bakers: kourambiethes, fenekia, koulourakia, sesame cookies, and paximadia.
Classic Greek Cuisine: Lamb Shank Platter, Gyro (seasoned lamb and beef, thin-sliced from a vertical rotisserie), souvlakia (pork and chicken kebobs), spanakopita (spinach and feta cheese filling in paper-thin phyllo dough) and pastitsio (layered pasta, ground sirloin and cheese, topped with creamy béchamel sauce) and Lamb Sliders are all homemade and ready to eat.
The Kafenio (Greek Coffee House): Where you will find real Greek coffee, a cold Frappe, and honey puffs.
• Live Greek cooking demonstrations – learn to prepare some classic Greek foods
• MARIA BENARDIS globally recognized Greek Chef, founder of Greek Greekalicious Cooking School
• Saturday night, 8:00pm: IRON CHEF COMPETITION: vote for your favorite team as the completion heats up between The Detroit News and St. Nicks!
• New this year! Junior Chef GOYA cook-off Saturday evening.
• Greek marketplace – t-shirts, jewelry, arts & crafts, bookstore
• Presentations on Greek culture and religion, along with tours of Saint Nicholas Church
• Greek dance performances –Traditional Greek folk dances performed by over 200 dancers.
• Daily dancing to live Greek band, “THE LEVENDES”
• Kids’ area – Rides, games
• Raffles & Prizes-Throughout the Festival
• YiaYia’s Cookoff-St.George-Bloomfield Hills vs. St. Nicks-Sunday.
• Visit and tour our beautiful Saint Nicholas Church
BONE MARROW DRIVE: BE A MATCH!
St. Nicholas Opa! FEST brings all the aromas, sounds, tastes and traditions of Greece to your doorstep. Your admission ticket becomes your Passport as you enjoy Opa!FEST GREEK FESTIVAL.
HOURS: Friday: 4:00pm to 11 PM, Saturday: 4:00pm to 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00 to 7:00pm.
For more info go to www.opafest.org