As a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Schmakel specializes in surgical procedures of the mouth, jaw and face. His education includes a Pharmacy degree as well as Dental and Medical degrees. Licensed in both dentistry and medicine, he has been in practice for 20 years and is on staff at several area hospitals including Beaumont Royal Oak, St Joseph Mercy Pontiac and St John Oakland-Macomb. Surgical services include:
• Dental Implants utilizing cone beam CAT Scan technology integrated with our X-Guide system: GPS robotics for enhanced Implant placement.
• Wisdom teeth (third molars) and all dental extractions • Anesthesia Nitrous Oxide thru IV sedation
• Pathology: cyst and tumor removal
• Maxillofacial trauma
• Orthognathic surgery – the correction of skeletal deformities
• Facial cosmetic procedures
• Bone Grafting procedures utilizing platlet rich fibrin to build up deficient areas for Dental Implant placement
Dr. Schmakel has served on the Michigan State Board of Dentistry for 10 years and is also a proud and active member of the Michigan and The American Societies of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.