Chef Javier Bardauil shares Barda’s signature Rose Petal Beets recipe
Contributed by Chef Javier Bardauil
Barda’s Rose Petal Beets Recipe
- 3-4 medium-sized beets
- Tamari soy sauce
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra-virgin olive oil, black pepper, ground coriander, lemon juice and zest to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel the beets.
- Wrap them in tin foil and roast them for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let the beets cool.
- Slice the beets very thin using a mandolin.
- Season to taste with black pepper, coriander, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Arrange the sliced and seasoned beets on a tray and slightly char them in a very hot oven—just 2-3 minutes under an overhead broiler.
- Again, let them cool and then arrange the thin slices on a plate in the shape of a rose. Spray them with a spritz made from equal parts tamari soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.
The Ajoblanco Sauce
- 3 cups almonds, soaked overnight
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 cup water
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- Soak three cups of almonds overnight.
- Blend with all the other ingredients until very smooth.
- Keep it cold, and serve alongside the finished beets.
Click here to read more about Barda and co-owner/Chef Javier Bardauil and his partner Ignacio Gerson.
Did you make this recipe? Comment below and tell us how it turned out!