Get the Glow: 9 Go-to Beauty Tips
Photos by Marina Goldi
I recently spent the day at Spa Renaissance in Troy, who hosted the winners of our Super Mom contest, for a full day of pampering. As a working mom on the go, I was reminded how important it is to take good care of my skin. After all, our skin is our largest organ and protects us from all of the elements.
I spoke with aesthetician Joanna Barker and the other beauty experts at Spa Renaissance, who put together 9 G0-to Beauty Tips so we can all get that glow:
Go-To Beauty Tips
1. Hydration is critical — drink lots of water.
2. Use a sunblock every day throughout the year. This helps to protect your skin from sun damage and free radicals in the air.
3. Retinol products are a must-have to exfoliate your skin.
4. Use tinted moisturizer, a very light makeup that evens out your skin tone and moisturizes without clogging your pores. It gives everyone that sun-kissed glow with the benefit of SPF protection.
5. Apply a hydrating serum before using makeup or foundation for a dewy glow while keeping your skin hydrated.
6.Try tight-lining, a technique of drawing eyeliner inside the lash line on the waterline, creating the illusion of fuller lashes and bigger eyes.
7. Try white eyeliner on your water line (the rim where your eyelid meets your eye). It makes your eyes pop!
8. Fill in your eyebrows for a more youthful look.
9. Use orange concealer for under-eye bags. Apply orange concealer under your eyes, followed by your regular concealer on top. The orange cancels out blue and brown tones under the eye.
For more skincare and beauty tips, pick up a copy of our May 2017 issue at any of these locations. You can also schedule a personal skincare consultation at Spa Renaissance: