It’s National Margarita Day. Celebrate by trying one (or all three) of our favorite margarita recipes.
By Amy Gill
1. Avocado Margarita (pictured above)
– Rub your glasses with a lime, and dip them into a mixture of salt and lime zest.
– Rim your margarita glasses with lime zest and salt.
– Use your blender of choice to puree the following ingredients: 1 pitted and peeled avocado, 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of tequila, 3/4 cup triple sec, 3/4 cup lime juice, 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro, a pinch of cayenne and some lime zest with 2 1/2 cups of ice.
– Divide among 8 glasses and add a slice of lime to each glass!
2. Jalapeño Margarita
– Pour 3/4 cup tequila into a pitcher with 1/2 of a jalapeño, sliced. Let it sit and infuse for 15 minutes.
– Mix into the pitcher of infused tequila, 1/4 cup Grand Marnier, 1/2 cup lime juice, 1/4 cup orange juice or simple syrup, a few splashes of sparkling water and a handful of ice.
– Add lime and jalapeño slices to the glasses and serve!
3. Prickly Pear Margarita
I love a fruity cocktail, so this Prickly Pear Margarita by Tiffani Thiessen (yes, that’s Kelly Kapowski to all of my 90’s friends!) and her show “Dinner at Tiffani’s” on the Cooking Channel is right up my alley. Read the full recipe here.
– Rub the rims of 10 glasses with lime, then dip into a plate with pink salt (or regular salt if you choose).
– Add ice to a pitcher, followed by 3 cups of lime juice, 3 cups silver tequila, 2 cups prickly pear syrup and 1 cup of triple sec.
– Stir and then strain into the glasses to serve!