One of Metro Detroit’s coolest moms shares her style and beauty inspiration
By Rachel Schostak
She’s a mom, a marketing professional, an incredible wife and friend, and one of the most stylish women we know! Liz Braga, the brains AND beauty behind All We Are blog, was featured in our April 2017 blogger issue and we just had to know more about her fashion and beauty tips!
- How would you describe your style? Overall I think my style is classic, with modern influences and also trendy items mixed in.
- Can you describe your “go-to” look/outfit? For casual looks I love a pair of high-waisted jeans with a t-shirt tucked in or tied at my waist. When I’m dressing up I’ll do a dress with a peter pan collar or a jumpsuit.
- You never leave home without… My eyebrows filled in! I’ve been wanting to try microblading but am too much of a chicken to make an appointment.
- A few of your favorite items in your closet? My Jimmy Choo shoes from my wedding, a strapless cotton dress from the Gap that I was wearing when I got engaged, a black ASOS bodycon dress that I wore to take weekly photos in during my pregnancy, and a denim dress from Anthropologie that seems to work for every occasion in every season (that’s currently missing a button, I must get that fixed!).
- Do you clean out your closet before Spring? I usually clean my closet at the end of each season, I will sell or donate any items I don’t see myself wearing again the following season. (Shop her closet here).
- Your must have fashion item for Spring? A floral dress.
- Your must have accessory for Spring? Tassel earrings.
- What is one item you would recommend investing in this Spring? I think a great handbag in a lighter color or even white. It can add a freshness to any outfit!
- Style tip for putting together a fresh new look this Spring? Incorporate the color blush, it seems to work with every other color and is just so cheery!
- Style Icon/Inspiration? Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere is a huge source of inspiration for me. I also love Olivia Palermo and Whitney Port.
- If you could have coffee with anyone in the world – who would it be and why? I’d love to meet Kate Middleton and have coffee (or tea?) at Buckingham Palace!
- Where do you get your coffee and how do you like it? I love Commonwealth in Birmingham and no matter where I am I always get a Cafe con Leche with soy milk. At Starbucks it’s called a soy misto and my husband thinks that is the most hysterical thing to say – whenever we’re at the drive through we’re both cracking up too much to even order.
- Where do you find your fashion inspiration? I still use Pinterest a lot, I follow a ton of blogs, and I love browsing clothing catalogs even more than magazines.
- Can you share a few of your favorite local boutiques (fashion, home and kids….) When I was pregnant with Annabelle I loved Bella Belli in Birmingham, when I have free time to shop for myself I love to stop in to Caruso Caruso and Sundance Shoes, and we love going to Eastern Market Antiques and ModMart Detroit for home stuff.
- As I follow you on social media – and read your blog – and it seems youare always doing very cool house projects. What is your source ofinspiration for home design and decor? Definitely Pinterest again, and Houzz is another great home design app. As far as blogs and online resources I love Emily Henderson and get a ton of advice and inspiration from her.
- Are you currently working on any DIY home projects? If no, what was themost recent DIY project you completed? We recently added temporary wallpaper to our kitchen cabinets which added a really fun, chic polish to them. Our next project is updating our screened in porch for spring.
- Currently reading… I’ve actually been really into podcasts lately since we’ve been traveling a lot and I get sick reading on the plane. I’m obsessed with Missing Richard about the disappearance of Richard Simmons and Call Your Girlfriend.
- Currently listening to? What is your top song on playlist? I’m a Pandora girl! I can’t believe I’m going to admit this but at the gym I listen to the Justin Bieber station and at home and work I love Matt Nathanson and Sara Bareilles. I’m also obsessed with the Hamilton soundtrack and want the show to come to Detroit so badly!
- Go-to spot in your local neighborhood? We love The Beverly Hills Grill for a fancy night out, Hellenic Coney Island has amazing Greek dressing, Mex is perfect for a Friday night margarita even with a toddler, and the brussel sprout pizza at Bigalora is my all time favorite!
- Go-to spot in Downtown Detroit? (can be activity, restaurant, store… etc) We go to Lafayette Coney Island way more than we should – it’s just so good! We also love walking around the riverfront with Annabelle when the weather is nice and now that Shake Shack opened we’ll be spending a ton of time at Campus Martius this summer! Oh and Belle Isle!